Vacancy Notice 18.03.2015
UCLG-MEWA is looking for a translator/project officer for its headquarters in Istanbul
UCLG-MEWA (United Cities and Local Governments Middle East and West Asia Section) is one of the nine sections of UCLG World Organization, the worldwide association of local and regional authorities.
UCLG-MEWA, which operates in Istanbul, advocates and promotes the principles of democracy, human rights, local self-government, international solidarity, accountability and transparency, and sustainable development. It has a wide network of members the Middle East and West Asia Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To translate documents from English to Turkish and vice versa.
- To provide consecutive interpretation, when required.
- To make correspondences with relevant international organizations, including but not limited to the UCLG World Organization and UN Agencies.
- To represent UCLG-MEWA in various meetings in Turkey and in the abroad.
- To perform other duties as may be required.
- Excellent Turkish and English language skills, both written and oral;
- BA degree from a department of social sciences of a notable Turkish university; (Preferably Department of Translation and Interpretation, English Language and Literature, American Culture and Literature, International Relations).
- Ability to travel;
- Ability to work under stress and in team work;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Good command on MS Office software;
- To have advanced written and oral expression skills;
- to have advanced skills in preparing reports and carry out correspondences at the international organization standards.
The applicant must have at least 2 years of experience in a similar position.
*Good Command of Arabic is preferred.